Kids Sing Country Auditions
Kids Sing Country Music Festival & Craft Fair will take place on Sunday, June 3, 2018 at the Grantville Carnival Grounds amphitheater, 215 Fire House Road, Grantville, PA.
Local musicians including Dave Kelly of Laredo will offer their talent accompanying the youth performers.
Auditions for Kids Sing Country are open to all youth 25 yrs. and under.
Auditions will be accepted through Sunday, April 8, 2018.
All auditions must be submitted to the committee by digital video. Don’t stress too hard about creating a video. Videos created with a smart phone or another digital-type camera are just fine. If you’re using a phone, just remember to record with your phone on the side (not up and down).
We’re not judging the production quality of the video itself; however, if you’d like some tips, here’s a helpful video.
If you are unable to create a video to submit, please contact us and we will make arrangements for a video recording or live audition.
The audition video should include 2 parts.
- Any country type musical piece(s) of your choice lasting between 1 – 4 minutes. You may do a maximum of 2 pieces. Country-type pieces include Country & Western, Country Rock, Folk, Bluegrass, and more.
- You must sing to a track, accompany yourself, or have someone accompany you. Accompaniment tracks may not include lead vocals. Background vocals are acceptable.
- No a cappella is allowed for video submissions.
- The audition must be video & audio of you singing. Audio only is not acceptable.
- Tell us about yourself – be creative!
- The “about me” portion of the video should be no longer than 5 minutes.
Once you’ve completed the video, it should be uploaded to any video sharing website such as YouTube, Vimeo, or any of the many others available. Then submit the video’s url using the audition submission form on this website.
Decisions on auditions will be made by Monday, April 23 and will be emailed to artists.
If you have any questions regarding auditions or the festival, feel free to contact us.
Rehearsals will take place at the East Hanover Township Building located at 8848 Jonestown Road, Grantville, PA 17028.
For artists chosen to participate in the festival, there will be 2 opportunities to rehearse with Dave Kelly.
For the performance, artists may sing with a guitar and/or be accompanied by Dave Kelly & other professional musicians, or use an accompaniment track. Accompaniment tracks may not include lead vocals.
Performance director for the event will be PECAN, Inc. founder, Shirley Nolt with the assistance of co-directors from the organization. Mrs. Nolt will work with performers in identifying musical pieces appropriate to the performers and the event.